Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Orientation

Today was Cole's Kid's Day Out orientation. I dropped him off in his new classroom with his new teachers b/f heading to the orientation. He scream, cried. Of course! This is what he does when he adjusts to new things. It does make me a bit sad, but now that Cole has already completed a full year of KDO, goes to Sunday school all the time and spends time away from me on Tuesday mornings when I go to Bible Study, I know that he is fine after a few minutes. I hate that he cries b/c I know it is due to him being confused. I like his new teachers, one of which he already knows pretty well from Sunday School but I am still just having such a hard time with him not having his same teachers from last year. I loved them! They just love Cole so much and with last year being his first year, they are the ones who took care of my baby for me. I just have this crazy attachment to them b/c they were his first teachers. Not to mention, they are awesome. Anyway, things went well at orientation. Chloe kept me busy keeping her happy but it was all fine and well. This afternoon the kids were great. They both napped at the same time which was great for me.
Once Chloe woke up and ate, I decided to attempt a grocery store run with both of them. Usually I go with just Cole when Brent gets home but today he was up at the hospital sitting with his Popo who was told today that he has an aggressive form of stomach cancer. That in itself is just so heart breaking. I really feel for Brent b/c Popo has been a father figure to him and he is very close with those grandparents. It's never easy to watch grandparents get sick.
Anyhow, the kids were both pretty good at the store, but it was quite a task to keep up with both of them while shopping. But... I made it home in one piece without losing my cool! This evening went smooth and it's just about time to feed Chloe her last feeding b/f we all turn in for the night. Tomorrow will be bittersweet... I am ready for Cole to get back into his routine of going to KDO but I will miss him. Over the past month I have enjoyed spending extra time with him even though we have had some major tantrums. I think it's best for both of us that he has something else to do besides stay at home with me. Man, I love that child. He is my best friend. I am so thankful for him. God, please watch over him and protect him while he is away from me. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment