Thursday, August 27, 2009

Many blessings, equal heartache

Well, I have a lot to report actually. I have been wanting to post since yesterday but wasn't able to b/c I couldn't get our dang camera to transfer pictures to the computer so I could post Cole's first day of school pics. Anyway, it still won't work so I decided to go ahead and post anyway. So, Cole had a great first day. He cried when I left him but a big part of that was b/c one of the kids was literally flipping around screaming. It set him off. Poor baby. Anyway, I didn't get much accomplished while he was gone b/c Chloe refused to take naps and forced me to hold her all day. The day before I made Cole a doctor's appt b/c he has been bruising easily and in odd places. I became concerned for several reasons so I knew that if he didn't go to the doctor that I would worry myself sick. This morning I took him in and Brent stayed home with Chloe. I explained my concern and Dr. Wilber was equally concerned. He felt that it was good that I had brought Cole in. He ran a CBC to get all of the information he needed on Cole's blood. For 15 minutes, I was terrified. I was on my knees begging God to make my baby safe. Cole was looking at me like I had lost my mind. Maybe I had! Just the thought of something being wrong with my children pretty much kills me inside. Finally, Dr. Wilber came back in with good news. Cole was healthy! The results showed to be perfect. There was little explanation other than "it's just Cole." This is just what his skin does. Anyway, while we were there we went ahead and got him the flu mist so we didn't have to return in a week to get vaccinated. He handled the blood work and the mist like a champ. He was really brave so I took him to Toys R Us after to get Buzz Lightyear. Cole is obsessed with Toy Story so he has really been wanting Buzz. Over the course of the day I got pictures of my Granddad 'ringing the bell' at MD Anderson which is a tradition amongst patients who complete their radiation. My Granddad was diagnosed with Lymphoma less than a year ago and had a place on his lung. The cancer seems to be dying and he seems to be pulling through. When I pulled up the picture of his smiling face, I teared up but also gained so much hope. A smiling 82 year old man was standing there so happy b/c he was beating cancer. On the same hand, Brent's Popo was laying in a hospital bed across town, being given the news that he for sure has an aggressive form of bladder cancer. They will find out tomorrow where they go from here. So, I have been given 2 beautiful gifts from God today. My baby is healthy, my Granddad is beating cancer but Popo is sick, very sick.
Today Lord, I am thankful... Thankful for my many blessings. Cole is healthy, Chloe is healthy, I have a wonderful husband, a loving family and friends. I just pray that your Will be done. I trust in you, even when times are tough and even when my family is dealing with heartache. Please continue to look after my children, as they are such beautiful gifts from you. Help me to be a better Mom, wife and friend. Lastly, please watch over Popo and give strength to those who love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment