Thursday, August 6, 2009

Not much going on...

I've held off posting the past few days b/c we've had a few crazy days at the beginning of the week followed by really low key days and there was nothing I could really report. But I don't want to get out of the habit of blogging so I figured that I would just make a post anyway. VBS ended today and I'm really looking forward to not rushing around in the morning. The past 4 days we have rushed around getting everyone dressed and fed b/f getting out of the house by 8. I am exhausted! Cole and Chloe both did great in the nursery all week. It's funny b/c I never would have left Cole in the nursery for so long at such an early age. Things sure do change with your second child. I have realized that in so many ways.
So today when Brent got home from work we went to Target to get a few things. Our main task in Cole's eyes was to get chocolate milk. Why he randomly wants chocolate milk, I don't know. It's not like he ever gets chocolate milk. Anyway, we split up to do different things. The boys went one way and I took Chloe to the clothes section. About 10 minutes passed and I could literally hear my child screaming from across the store. Oh yes, it was mine! I thought that there must be another kid that sounded just like Cole but when I got to the scene, it was sure enough... my kid. He was pretty much foaming at the mouth, snot flying out his nose, tears everywhere, sweat dripping down his face and steam blowing out his ears.... all because Brent wouldn't let him get 'Buzz Light Year' from the movie Toy Story. He is obsessed with that movie and he wanted Buzz. Oh my! That kid was freaking out. We both tried to calm him down and he just kept on and on. We finally made it to the front of the store while Cole was still freaking out. We arrived at the dollar section and Brent found some little plastic toy soldiers and told him that they were the soldiers from Toy Story. It was like a switch turned off. Cole just flipped from a psycho to the happiest kid. Anyway, we left with a bag of toy soldiers that were a dollar and a happy 2 year old. I suppose we shouldn't have rewarded his behavior but we kind of felt bad for him. It was pretty sad. Anyway, our night has run super smoothly and we are about to be off to bed. One little boy sound asleep in his bed, a baby girl who is about to fill up one last time before we put her down for the night, toy soldiers scattered about and two very tired parents. What a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment