Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Midland Trip







We had a great trip to Midland! It was such a fun, relaxing time even though we did our usual bouncing around to visit everyone. My parents have a new house now that has a pool so Cole had a blast getting to swim. He started swimming at like 8am on Saturday morning! Saturday afternoon we all played in the pool all day. Bonnie's boyfriend, Kelly came over too and Cole played with him the entire time. Cole loves to play with Aunt Bobo and Kelly. Hopefully Bonnie will end up with Kelly because we love him and I'm not sure that she'll ever find anyone who loves my kids as much as he does. Anyway, we got to visit with my Momoo and my Mom's brother and his wife that afternoon as well. That evening we went to my Grandparents house to eat and help celebrate Granddad's 82nd birthday. We all had fun but Cole drove everyone insane. He has a new obsession with fire hydrants so he made people keep taking him out front to see the yellow fire hydrant. He is so strange! Cole goes through these odd obsessions and they crack me up. He is crazy over something for like a month and then it's on to the next thing! Anyway, we went to the country club for lunch on Sunday and then swam some more! Sunday afternoon we went over to my Dad's for a visit with them. Cole got to play with 2 of his cousins. My 99 year old Mama lives with my Dad and Trenia so we got to see her as well. Cole cracked me up saying, "Mama Cole" in his little Texas accent. So funny! So all of a sudden Monday was here. We spent the day just hanging out, getting our stuff together and letting Cole get some more swimming in before leaving. I was really sad to leave. We all had such a great time. Probably won't be back until Christmas. Both kids were pretty good on the airplane both ways so our trip was really pretty great.
We're home now and getting back into the swing of things. As I write this, Cole is banging his toy truck on the coffee table, making tons of noise as I ask him not to or he'll wake up Chloe and he just looks at me and keeps doing it. That's my life...

P.S. I am slowly figuring out this blogging thing so bare with me! I just figured out how to post pictures but have no clue how to label them. I have a background, but still haven't figured out anything else. It is slow coming but at least I'm getting some posts up!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Court! Your blog looks good! Cute pics! It was great to see you!

    ReplyDelete