Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lights Out

Well, I haven't made a post in several days. I seriously haven't had a moment to do anything the past few days b/c of demanding kids. The only time I have not done anything has been when I've been asleep at night. The past few days have been crazy. Yesterday I had Bible study which was wonderful so I did get a break from the kids but as soon as it was over, it was back to the crazy life. Today was one of those days where nothing went my way. Chloe had a tummy ache all morning so I finally decided to just get out of the house anyway b/c I couldn't stay trapped at home listening to crying all day. We went to the Galleria and then ate with Brent but Cole was wild, Chloe cried and refused to eat. We were running late taking Brent back to work, we got caught by a train, Chloe cried some more and refused a nap. Once she went down, Cole got up. Never one minute of downtime! Finally Brent got home AND.... THE LIGHTS WENT OUT! Our electricity went out b/c we had a huge storm. It has just been one of those days. We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner, the kids both had baths in the dark and the electricity finally came back on. The kids are in bed and I FINALLY have a second to reflect on my day. It is not something I want to relive tomorrow but I thank God that I have a family to cause my life to be complete chaos.
Tomorrow I am planning to take the kids to the Children's Museum but we'll see how the morning goes. I get my hair cut tomorrow evening which I haven't done in forever. Time to myself! We head to Midland on Friday and I can't wait! I haven't been home since January so it's time for a visit. I'm sure that the trip there with both kids will be a major blog post in itself! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment