Friday, December 17, 2010

Ricky... Our Elf on the Shelf

Before Christmas is over I wanted to post just so that one day I can look back and remember our first Christmas with Ricky. If you haven't heard of the 'Elf on the Shelf' you must check it out. It's a book that comes with an elf and it's used for making your kids behave. This elf appears at your house around Thanksgiving, the kids name it, each night it flies back to the North Pole to report your behavior to Santa and then reappears in a new spot in your house each morning. I thought it would be a fun tradition to start and boy has it been fun. Cole named our elf, Ricky. Yes... Ricky! Not sure where he has ever heard that name but he acted like there could be no other name for his elf than Ricky so why not! Chloe doesn't have a clue but she does spot Ricky and points to him and squeals. I look forward to next year when she can participate. The first day Ricky appeared, I caught Cole with a ToysRus cataloge, telling him everything he wants for Christmas. It was so cute. He is so excited each morning to go find Ricky and he finds him so quickly! It may seems silly but this has added so much joy to our Christmas this year. I'll post a picture of Ricky later. I suppose that I need to use this blog more to document our lives and not just to report news for people to read. It is for that purpose too but I think I'll be better about posting if I use it more for the purpose of writing important times to remember in years to come. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment