Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last day of school

So today was the kid's last day of school. I have been dreading it for lots of reasons...
1. I will have to entertain every single day
2. I won't get a break
3. It makes me so sad

I don't know why by it makes me so sad when this day comes. It started with Cole and now I have two kids to be sad about. This school year, however marked a different importance and a different meaning. This school year was Chloe's first year to be in school. She did amazing! She thrived, grew in every way and made her very first friends. Her teachers were so sweet and loving. I am so sad that this year has come and gone. It started with my baby who was barely 1 year old, who couldn't walk or talk and ended with a little girl who runs, dances and talks my head off. She has become such a beautiful little soul who I adore more than words and I am thankful that her teachers taught her and cared for her this year.

For Cole, this year was very different and scary at first. He was old enough to understand that everything in his life was new. We had just barely moved to Midland, were living with my parents before finding a house, and he didn't have a single friend. Everything familiar in his life was gone and he was forced to start over. He did so well! He found some of his very best friends this year. These friends were the first people in his life that he had made on his own without his Momma forcing it upon him. All of his friends from the past 3 years had been b/c I was friends with their Moms. Cole has become so smart and learned so much at Hillander. His teacher was so caring and I always knew that she would take care of him. He learned how to write this year, among many other things and I just feel like he has turned into such a big boy. My baby turned 4 this school year and played his very first sport... t-ball. What fun that was and what fun we have to look forward to.

I think I am sad b/c my little one's lives are flashing before my eyes. I want them to grow into the beautiful people that God has made them to be but sometimes I wish that I could just freeze time. So instead of being sad, I think I'll settle for being grateful. I am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to be the Mommy to the two most important little people in my life. Cole and Chloe, you will always be my little ones. I will love you and cheer for you every step of the way during your journeys through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment